As we all adjust to the evolving Covid-19 situation, our priority is the health and safety of our Barstow’s community: customers, staff members, and family. We are able to accommodate to-go breakfast, lunch, bakery, ice cream, grocery, and prepared foods purchases – open-4pm – daily. All of our menu offerings can be found on our website for easy, call ahead ordering.
Be assured that our team is taking extra precautions to make Barstow’s a safe and clean place to visit. We are sanitizing handles, surfaces, and screens every 30 minutes. As always, staff are washing their hands, using gloves, and practicing safe food handling. Our team is healthy and eager for your visit.
We believe that we are still offering an important service to our community by providing homemade prepared foods, local grocery items, and a small taste of normal – something that feels so far off right now. We are also choosing to stay open in order to sustain the financial security of our staff. As small businesses in the Pioneer Valley (and around the nation) brace for the uncertain impact of this virus, we are worried about lost sales, interrupted cash flow, and keeping our customers and employees healthy and supported.
We are incredibly grateful for the community that we are deeply rooted in. Thanks to everyone who has forgone the box stores for our small family farmstand to stock up on supplies. If you are able, we are thankful for your continued support in these small ways:
- Barstow’s is open for drive thru service and indoor seating until further notice. We’ll be glad to gather milk, beef, cheese, potatoes, and prepared foods from our grocery section for you. You’re also welcome to call ahead any orders you have for pick up. 413-586-2142
- Barstow’s is still taking special orders at the drive up window, via phone 413-586-2142, or at email@example.com. Whether it be a hot or frozen pan of lasagna or few dozen cookies, make quarantine cooking/baking a non-issue. Easter isn’t far off, we are taking orders now.
- Consider buying a gift certificate for future gifts and purchases. It helps with cash flow during this difficult time.
- Because it can’t be frozen like beef or chicken, dairy farmers often feel the hit, first and hardest, during a recession. The food system is adjusting to restaurants and schools being closed, and some dairy farms in the country have been asked to dump their milk. Even with Barstow’s Dairy Store and Bakery, milk remains the primary part of our business. Please continue to purchase milk, cheese, butter, sour cream, yogurt, ice cream, and all of your favorite dairy products. The best way to support New England farmers and Barstow’s Longview Farm? BUY CABOT PRODUCTS, please! (bonus points if you buy your milk and Cabot products from Barstow’s Dairy Store and Bakery!)
- Spread the word! Please let your friends and family know that Barstow’s is open for business. We are so thankful when you like, comment, and share our posts on social media – it expands our reach and directly helps our business.
- Leave a Google or Facebook review. The Google star metric is powerful – we are grateful for your five star reviews and comments. If you have slightly less positive feedback, we invite you to please (always!) let us know in person, on the phone, or via email so we can correct the situation immediately and make things right.
- Support other local farms, businesses who buy local, and organizations who build up local agriculture – like CISA – who came up with this useful list of businesses open and closures and ways to support your ag community.
- Practice social distancing in your garden and buy local compost from your neighborhood dairy farm. We have Fill-Your-Own-Compost available. Bulk pick up and delivery is also available. Details here on our website.
- Our calves still need names! Luckily, the Name the Calf Contest has MOOved online. Submit names for our latest contest.
- Finally, we are working diligently to keep Barstow’s a safe and healthy space for our community and staff. Please refrain from visiting Barstow’s Dairy Store and Bakery if you are not feeling well. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of our food service workers and customers.
The best place to keep up with our hours is on the Barstow’s Google page (it’s the best platform for reflecting sudden changes) and on our website. Please also feel welcome to call or email to keep up with changing hours and offerings. Thank you for your patience and support.