Barstow’s is a small family owned business and we are committed to supporting other local farmers, local crafters, and local artists. Our walls are reserved for the art of local painters, sketchers, and photographers – giving us a beautiful and unique perspective on the area that we live and love. Visit us to enjoy lunch, soak in the rural views, and view the local art of your creative neighbors!
Are you interested in becoming our Featured Artist? Contact us!
COVID19 update: In an effort to honor our commitments as a family business - and to continue supporting the work of local artists. Barstow's will be offering the opportunity to our already scheduled featured artists to post a virtual gallery. The current featured artist, if applicable, will be posted below.
Our current Featured Artist is Walter Hamilton
May 9 - July 1
Alvah Stone 18x24 - $500
Cup, Spoons 11x14 - $300
Daffodils 16x20 - $400
Gazebo at South Hadley Town Common 16x20 - $400
Geese in Flight 16x20 - $300
In Love 16x20 - $450
Longview Farm 16x20 - $500
Flowers in the Rain 16x20 - $400
Snow Bound - $400
Music in the Air 16x20 - $600
Water Over the Dam 16x20 - $350
About the Artist
I hope that the images I have created will inspire you to think and act accordingly when confronted by economic and environmental decisions. Should our towns and cities approve more strip malls, gas stations, used car lots, fast-food restaurants, and large-lot housing subdivisions? Or should we take care to preserve the best farmland in New England, leave mountaintops undeveloped and encourage walkable neighborhoods and commercial centers?
Artists throughout history have influenced culture and the way we approach our roles in society. I have devoted a large portion of my work to portraying the Connecticut River Valley as we find it now as a landscape worth protecting and preserving for the future. I hope the images of the farms, woods, wildlife, waterways and our towns and villages, will stand as benchmarks of our time.
Please enjoy my paintings.
– Walter Hamilton
– The Mona Llama (2018) Awarded Honorable Mention at Holyoke Art League Annual Exhibition May 2018
– Snowbound (2016) Awarded Honorable Mention at Holyoke Art League Annual Exhibition May 2016
– Music in the Air (2015) – Awarded Honorable Mention at Holyoke Art League AnnualExhibition October 2015
– Barstow’s Longview Farm, Hadley, MA, May - June 2019
– South Hadley Public Library, South Hadley, MA, June 2017
– Agawam Public Library, Agawam, MA, May 2015
– South Hadley Town Hall, South Hadley, MA, July 2014 - Jan. 2015.
– Lattitude Restaurant, West Springfield, MA, June - Aug. 2014
– Provisions, Northampton, MA, May - June 2014
– Northampton Cooperative Bank, Amherst MA, March - April 2014
– Amherst Town Hall, Amherst MA, Dec. 2013 - Feb. 2014
– Hope and Feathers Framing Gallery, Amherst, MA., Dec. - Jan. 2012-2013 and Dec. - Jan. 2013-2014
– The Old Mill Inn, 87 School St., Hatfield, MA, June 2014
– Barstow’s Longview Farm, Hadley, MA, Oct. - Nov. 2012
– Crazy Moon Fashions, South Hadley, MA, 2011 – 2013
– Hosmer Gallery, Forbes Library, Northampton, MA, Dec. 2008