As we all adjust to the evolving Covid-19 situation, our priority is the health and safety of our Barstow’s community: customers, staff members, and family. Tomorrow, March 17, Barstow’s will transition to only take-out service as mandated by the Commonwealth. Our doors and our drive thru will be open to accommodate to-go breakfast, lunch, bakery, ice cream, grocery, and prepared foods purchases – 6am-4pm. All of our menu offerings can be found on our website for easy, call ahead ordering.
Be assured that our team is taking extra precautions to make Barstow’s a safe and clean place to visit. We are sanitizing door knobs, refrigerator and freezer handles, counters, tables, surfaces, and screens every 30 minutes. As always, staff are washing their hands, using gloves, and practicing safe food handling. Our team is healthy and eager for your visit.
We believe that we are still offering an important service to our community by providing homemade prepared foods, local grocery items, and a small taste of normal – something that feels so far off right now. We are also choosing to stay open in order to sustain the financial security of our staff. As small businesses in the Pioneer Valley (and around the nation) brace for the uncertain impact of this virus, we are worried about lost sales, interrupted cash flow, and keeping our customers and employees healthy and supported.
As we were swept into the whirlwind of this crisis and adapting by the hour to the needs and barriers of our staff and community, it was CISA (Communities Involved in Sustaining Agriculture) who asked us right away: “How can we support you?”
We are incredibly grateful for the community that we are deeply rooted in. Thanks to everyone who has forgone the box stores for our small family farmstand to stock up on supplies. If you are able, we are thankful for your continued support in these small ways:
- Barstow’s is open for take-out service until further notice. Don’t feel like coming inside? Pop through the drive thru. We’ll be glad to gather milk, beef, cheese, potatoes, and prepared foods from our grocery section for you. You’re also welcome to call ahead any orders you have for pick up.
- Barstow’s is still taking special orders in store, via phone 413-586-2142, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether it be a pan of lasagna or a platter of mini cupcakes, make quarantine cooking/baking a non-issue. Easter isn’t far off, we are taking orders now.
- Consider buying a gift certificate for future gifts and purchases. It helps with cash flow during this difficult time.
- We made Bailey’s brownies, Bailey’s cheesecake, and shamrock sugar cookies for St. Patrick’s Day. Please come eat them!
- Barstow’s Winter Dinner is still scheduled for Tuesday, March 24 – take out only. We hope to see you (if only for a moment!)
- Practice social distancing in your garden and buy local compost from your neighborhood dairy farm. Beginning Wednesday, we will have Bag-Your-Own-Compost available. Bulk pick up and delivery is also available. Details here on our website.
- Finally, we are working diligently to keep Barstow’s a safe and healthy space for our community and staff. Please refrain from visiting Barstow’s Dairy Store and Bakery if you are not feeling well. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of our food service workers and customers.
The best place to keep up with our hours is on the Barstow’s Google page (it’s the best platform for reflecting sudden changes) and on our website. Please also feel welcome to call or email to keep up with changing hours and offerings. Thank you for your patience and support.