- This event has passed.
Pasture Day 2021
April 30, 2021 @ 9:55 am - 10:15 amFree
Today is Pasture Day!
Surprise! This fairly last minute decision is consciously made to limit gathering and sustain our commitment to our community’s health and safety. In 2019, our Pasture Day event gathered well over 250 people. And while relaxed restrictions are here or on the horizon, we are not yet ready for this to be a sunny Saturday event.
We invite you to tune in for the Facebook Live event on our Facebook page around 10am: https://www.facebook.com/Barstows-Dairy-Store-and-Bakery-253190316597/
If you’d like to attend Pasture Day in person, please do! But keep these things in mind:
- Even with recent changes to restrictions, face masks continue to be required at all times at events, indoors and outdoors. Please wear a face covering during Pasture Day, at the drive thru window, and inside of Barstow’s Dairy Store and Bakery unless you are seated at a table.
- Be respectful of those around you by keeping a safe distance.
- Our farmstand is understaffed and our team remains extraordinarily grateful for your patience and patronage. We are looking forward to your visit!
- Please do not park in front of the pasture gate, we’ll need access to release the girls!
- If you bring your pup, please keep them on leash at all times, pick up after your pet, and remove them if they bark at the bovines. Dog visitors should be okay with children and other dogs.
- Please do not shout or startle the cows. Our animals prefer quiet, slow movements. Thank you!
We can’t wait to see you today either on Facebook Live or in person at your neighborhood dairy farm. And we are very much looking forward to sharing this event with our whole community together again in 2022! Happy spring!
Barstow’s Dairy Store and Bakery and Barstow’s Longview Farm is owned and operated by sixth and seventh generation Barstow’s. Nestled at the base of Skinner State Park and right alongside the Connecticut River, the dairy farm has been a part of the landscape since 1806.
Barstow’s Dairy Store and Bakery offers homemade baked goods and pies, lunch from local ingredients, farm fresh produce, farm raised beef, ice cream, and scenic views of protected farmland from the porch and dining room. This family friendly store is open daily year round. Come meet your neighborhood dairy farmer!